WYFC Coaches Certification
ALL VOLUNTEER COACHES MUST COMPLETE AND PASS THE FOLLOWING BEFORE HAVING ANY CONTACT WITH THE PLAYERS OR PARTICIPANTS:
Please read below carefully. The actions you will complete are online, 3 certifications and 1 criminal background check.
Instructions for each are detailed below.
Please send any questions to [email protected].
Follow the below instructions for certification.
PLEASE BE WARNED not all courses save progress so I encourage you to complete at each sitting. Make sure you PRINT CERTIFICATE showing you have completed the program before logging off. Send your certificate to [email protected].
As a reminder, no coaches will be allowed on the field in August until we have received a full set of certifications.
1. USA FOOTBALL
If you are not a USA Football Member and have never been certified:
· Click green “SIGN UP” button on top right
· Click “Become a USA Football Member”
· Click “Sign Up” under “Coaches Tab on left half of page
· Enter all required fields and submit.
· Enter promo-code FCFL2021 and submit, but do not enter credit card info. You will receive an email to “Activate Now” your USA Football account.
· Log in using new login/password
· In “Coach Education Program” Box, click link for “Tackle Certification”
· At the conclusion of the program there is a quiz, hit "download" button and print and save your certificate.
If you are a USA Football Member and have been certified in the past:
· Click “log in” next to green Sign Up botton on top right
· Log in using your email and password
· On “Membership Renewals” page – Click “Renew” under “Coach”
· Accept Terms of Service and Renew Membership buttons using promo-code FCFL2021 and hit “update price” (do not enter credit card info).
· Close Browser Window and re-open using same link above.
· Now “log out” completely (The site is clunky so trust me)
· Log in again using your login/password
· In “Coach Education Program” Box, click link for “Tackle Re-Certification”
· Pass the quiz, hit "download" button and print and save your certificate.
2. CDC - HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING CERTIFICATION
At the outset of the module make sure to enter your full name as you'd like it to appear on your certificate. At the conclusion of the test, be sure to print the certificate using the link provided on the "congratulations" page. Your completion will not be saved so entering your name at the beginning, completing the module AND printing the certificate is required. MAKE SURE YOUR NAME APPEARS ON THE PRINTED CERTIFICATE BEFORE CLOSING THE SESSION
3. CBC - CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
Use this link to complete the background check: https://wilton-youth-football.sportngin.com/register/form/435178727
4. CPR/FIRST AID, AED Certified
CPR and First Aid (no cost):
- Go to http://www.icpri.com/
- Username: firstnamelastname (all lowercase ie. marychila)
- Password: firstnamelastname (all lowercase ie. marychila)
You will be registered for 2 courses - CPR certification AND First Aid.
Please take both.
After you have completed each course you will provided an electronic certificate with a 6 digit number and expiration date.
These certifications are good for 2 years.
Wilton Youth Football Cheer Board